Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Updating

I spent the last 20-30 minutes updating my blog page. It needed a new look and Lord knows an update on all of us, considering I didn't even have an introduction for Archer and I'm already 29 weeks pregnant. Xander's picture was from his one-year photo shoot and he just turned two. I'm really slacking in the blog department.

However, I figured since I updated the cosmetics of it all, I should probably go ahead and update on real life as well.

As mentioned, I'm into my 29th week of this pregnancy. I can't believe in just a few days I'll be down to just 10 weeks to go. Archer is doing great. I've been measuring right on track. I just passed my glucose test, which is a relief of course and at my 29 week appointment I had officially reached pre-pregnancy weight. Now the goal is to just keep the actual weight gain from here on out to a minimum.

Xander turned two on June 3rd. My oh my, what a wonderful two years it's been and boy have they flown by. It's so bitter-sweet and I don't think I ever understood that until I became a mommy. It truly feels like one minute you are holding your new addition and the next here before you stands a kid..not a baby, a kid. With his own personality, his own likes and dislikes, his own goofy habits and sweet little gestures. He's running around and saying new things every day. He's able to interact with you on such a different level. He's..growing up. And you sit there and think "where has the time gone?". I remember not too long ago wondering if those first few months would ever end. Will he ever sleep through the night? Will he ever go more than 2 hours without eating, or pooping, or crying? And now that time seems like it barely existed. Seeing the person that he's becoming warms my heart. It makes me proud and so very happy. I am excited about the future and continuing to watch him grow into himself. At the same time, I'm sad to see my baby go. My first little infant, my learning-buddy along the path of motherhood. I miss his tiny cry and his first baby gurgles. And yet, I can't spend too much time reminiscing about the past or else I will miss out on the today, which is just as good if not better. Each day is something new, something more to laugh at, something else to make me smile. As much as I loved him the day he entered this world, my love for him has only grown and will continue to. It's amazing how much one person can love another person.
Much too shortly, I am going to be looking back and wondering how my two year old turned into a five year old over night. I'm excited to meet that five year old boy..but I'm hoping time slows down and lets me keep a toddler a little longer.

We're nearing the end of this deployment. It's seriously coming so soon. We're down to less than a month until we're back together as a family and we are all beaming with excitement. Deployments are one circumstance during which I welcome how fast the time seems to be flying. We're thankful that this one has gone by smoothly and quickly for us, but any time you are away from your other half for several months, things get difficult. We may have made it through this  deployment with flying colors, but we're still more than ready to be back together and have life back to "normal".

I'm still here in OH but moving in less than 10 days back to VA. I'm very impatient about doing so. I've had a great time here with family and friends and I'm thankful for that, but as I said, I'm just ready to get things into gear. I've got a short period of time once I arrive there to move in and get the apartment set up and certain things taken care of before Robert returns home. I feel like I'm in limbo right now, with all these things looming above me and no way to get started on any of them. I will be relieved when I'm back in VA and able to get the ball rolling..not to mention it will mean I'm just mere days away from seeing my husband again!

I suppose that's it for now. Maybe if I'd update more than once or twice a month I wouldn't have such long posts. Then again, I'm pretty long-winded so I wouldn't count on it. Procrastination and over-compensation. Love it or leave it.
; )

No comments:

Post a Comment