Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm just not very good at this.

Here I am again, a couple months since my last post. Life is busy, it's true. But I'd love to find some more time to keep up with this. My problem is that I'm just completely forgetful. Most days when I'm on the computer I don't even remember I have a blog. lol. But I enjoy keeping up with the other blogs I follow and I hate that I forget to do that.

Anyway, my last post was a very impatient one. We were waiting to find out the sex of the baby. Well, much to my surprise, we are having another boy!
His name is Archer Reichen.

I'm not going to lie, I was mildly disappointed. I don't want to even use that word but I don't know what other word to use. It was an indescribable feeling. I wasn't at all disappointed that we were having another boy. Two little boys two years apart? What's not to love? I certainly enjoy being a mama to a boy thus far. He's my world. They'll probably look alike. We can dress them alike sometimes. They'll more than likely have similar interests and hopefully be best friends. So, disappointed at the thought of Xander having a little brother? No way. Disappointed at the thought of not having a baby girl? A little bit.

I've always wanted a little girl. Then again, I've always wanted 2 boys and 1 girl because I've always wanted 3 kids. However, my husband never wanted any. lol. Now, I have to say that was his viewpoint at 17 when we first got together and, of course, it changed. But his idea of the perfect number changes all the time. It honestly depends on whether he's home or deployed and what kind of financial situation we're in. If he's home and we're doing good with money, the thought of having another one in the future is a possibility. If he's deployed, he can't even think about it. Having another one means missing out even more with another child. It's hard for him to wrap his mind around that. And of course, if we're not feeling like we have a lot of extra money at that time, it's hard to try and "plan" for another even if that is somewhere in the distant future.

So, knowing we may not have another (although my heart tells me we will), and knowing that means no little girl in my life..well, that's kinda sad. However, I'm stoked about having another little man. And at this point, a few weeks after finding out, I couldn't picture him as anything but a little boy.
I feel very blessed to even be having him, and I know if we ever have another I'll feel that way too, no matter what God chooses to give us. I just love being a mommy.

In other news, I am now 25 weeks along. My first baby boy will be two tomorrow. I can't believe it! Time sure does fly. It's a bitter-sweet moment. He's growing so big and so smart. I love seeing who he is becoming. I just wish it wasn't happening so fast!
We're nearing the end of this deployment and time for me to be moving back to VA. This next month or two is going to be extremely action packed for us.

That's just about it. I will *try* to keep things going around here. But with my track record, I know better than to make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment