Tuesday, March 29, 2011

30 Days of Me-Day 26 *3-29-11*

I am determined to finish this challenge. And maybe once I complete it, I can start on another blogging challenge and actually keep up with it.

Day 26: Your week, in great detail

Today is March 29th so the last week would have began on March 22nd. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything uber-exciting that has happened in the past week but maybe once I begin wracking my brain (and possibly facebook stalking myself), I will come up with something.

March 22
The weather was pretty nice. We spent a lot of time outside playing in the back yard. While we were outside we heard the door bell ring. It was a guy delivering purple tulips to me that my hubby had sent to congratulate me on finishing school. Then my mom kept the baby while I went and hung out with a friend. We spent most of our afternoon trying to track down our other friends that were visiting from VA, and finally caught up with them later on in the evening. We thought we had dinner plans with them, but the next day was going to work out better for them and neither of us had gotten that message yet, which explains why we continuously hounded them throughout the day. lol. Our friend Ryan came to dinner with us, although he had already eaten (he just had a couple beers and spent time with us) and his wife met up with us after she got done dress shopping with his sister. We all hung out for a little while and had a good time. Before bed I checked to see if my grades had posted and found out I got a C+ in both my final classes. Not as good as an A but I wasn't expecting a lot of what I dealt with during this last block of classes, and so I was just happy to know I had passed.

March 23
Mom, Xander, and I headed to Huntington as soon as we got up and dressed to get him a new stroller. Our nice one for him is in storage in VA and the one mom has here for him just isn't cutting it anymore. We ended up getting him a nice one and he also came out of there with a Spongebob lawn chair and a Spongebob shovel. Any idea who his favorite cartoon character is? He ended up screaming relentlessly for the entire 45 minute-1 hour car ride home which was not pleasant but we finally made it. We had plans to do lunch with some friends, but he ended up napping so I went alone. I met two of my girlfriends for lunch at Bob Evans. After that I came home and we played outside a bit because it was nice out again and we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening just lounging around the house. Around 7pm I went to Subway to get Xander and I some dinner (veggie pizza for him, BMT for me) and then once he went to bed I watched Teen Mom from the night before, emailed back and forth with the hubs, and enjoyed my sub. A hail storm hit just after I went to bed. It was pretty intense but it didn't last long.

March 24
I woke up really wanting stuffed pancakes. Around 11am I decided to attempt making my own. I made normal pancakes and mixed cream cheese and blueberry yogurt for the filling. Maybe I just really wanted them or maybe they were truly good, but I found them delicious. lol. I got an email from the hubs saying he finally got mail (he hadn't received any of his mail so far this deployment). He got 9 packages and one card all at once. He said everyone was jealous and he felt like it was Christmas. It made me feel like a good wifey. Xander and I took an afternoon nap. After that I stuck him in the shower with me and shaved my legs. When my mom got home from work, we got ready and went to Xander's swim lessons. My MIL came to see him that night too, which was nice. He ended up fussing throughout his swim class but I suppose you'll have that sometimes. We came home, ate dinner, and went to bed.

March 25
The first part of the day was uneventful. Xander and I lounged and watched cartoons. We played and just did our normal mommy-baby thing for a while. More than likely, I napped when he did. lol. After his nap I got him dressed and his bags packed to go stay the night at his grandmas. I took him over there around 4:30. After switching out the car seat and setting up his pack n play, I headed out. Usually he cries unless we distract him and I sneak out but this time he gave me a kiss, then blew me a kiss, and said bye. He's growing up. Then my mom, aunt, and I headed to Chillicothe to go shopping and eat at Red Lobster. I got some scrapbooking stuff from Hobby Lobby and a couple things  for Xander at Kohl's. I was IN LOVE with some of their baby stuff and wanted to get some of it so bad but I have to wait a few more weeks until we know the sex. Dinner was delicious and we spent most of the time talking about my Nanny (their mom) and her life. I'm working on an idea for a book about her and it was so fun and inspiring to hear stories about her and all the inter-workings of my family.

March 26
I slept in a little bit because Xander was at his grandmas. I went to pick him up around noon. When I got home a friend of mine texted me and asked if we wanted to go to the mall. Xander had just laid down for a nap so I told her I'd love to but we'd have to wait. While we were waiting, we decided it would possibly be better to go sans kids so we could actually get some shopping done. So when my mom got home from work around 4, I left Xander with her and headed to pick my friend up. She left her daughter with her hubby and we headed to Ashland to the mall. I got fitted for a bra and discovered I was a 40DD. Whoa! I was wearing a 38D. So, I bought a couple bras. She got some clothes for her little girl and an outfit for her hubs. Then we went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner and headed home. I felt pampered..two girl's nights in a row! lol.

March 27
We woke up to snow. It made me very angry. lol. Our weather lately has been crazy. 75 degrees one day, hail storms and tornadoes the next, snow the next. Of course we couldn't do much playing outside and Xander was really upset about that. I wish it would warm up and stay there because he's totally an outdoorsman! We took him to my aunt's house so she could trim his hair. We wanted to get it off his collar and out of his eyes but we still kept it kinda long. He looks too cute! Then we went to Walmart and got our WIC stuff and a few other groceries. We came back home, he napped, and we just hung out for the evening. Then after he went to bed, I ran to Walmart again with my friend to check out/price some stuff for our upcoming camping trip (which I am dreading btw..totally not a fan of camping but I'm a good friend and it's one of my besties' birthday wish. lol). Came home, emailed Robert, and went to bed.

March 28
Xander had a doctor's appointment at 11:30 so we got up, got showered, and headed to that. Right before we left I got a package from Robert with a DVD, a magnet from Haifa, Israel, and a hoodie with his ship's insignia on it. Xander's appointment went good--we were just getting him set up with a doctor here. He was SO good at the doctor. He played well, didn't fuss, and kept insisting on sharing with the other kids. When we came home, I laid Xander down for a nap and laid down myself but my nap didn't go too well. Before I laid down I watched the DVD Robert sent which was so cute! He was reading a book to Xander and just talking to me..he had me laughing and then crying. I miss that man. I woke up feeling like I hadn't rested at all. That evening I went to a writing class at the local library. They have one each Monday for a 4 week period and I missed the first class but this was the second one I attended. It was extremely interesting. I had a really good time and learned a few things about how to develop a concept and write a page-turner. I got home and spent the rest of the evening playing and watching Spongebob with Xander. We also watched the DVD from Robert again and he really enjoyed seeing Daddy.  My friend came over and we ordered some stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut and watched some Ax Men on netflix. It was a good night. 

March 29
Today! So far not much has gone on. I was hoping to sleep in because I haven't had a chance to in a while, but my mom had errands to run and woke me when the baby woke up. My brother called and we got on yahoo messenger so we could webcam chat with him. He really misses Xander (and me too! lol) and we truly miss him. It was nice to be able to do that and now that he's got internet we're going to do it more often. I got a short email from Robert saying the internet access was sketchy and he just wanted to let me know he loved me. I'm so thankful he takes a few minutes here and there to check in with me and let me know he's okay when he knows he might not be able to for a while. He's a good hubby. After my mom got back, I ran down to the BMV to get my out-of-state inspection. I ordered my out-of-state title a few weeks ago and I'm impatiently waiting for it to arrive because I need it to register my car here and my registration expires in..2 days! I called to see if the title department had received it and they hadn't so..here's hoping for tomorrow! We bundled Xander up and let him play outside for a while after I got back but it's SO cold out there that we didn't stay long. I can't wait for it to warm up again so we can take our afternoon walks and let him run around out there. Now he's napping and I'm on here..thinking about napping myself but not sure I'll have the time now. So far, no plans for tonight but I guess we shall see what the future holds! lol.

*Special thanks to my social networking sites of choice: Facebook and Plurk. Without which I would have not been able to remember what I did farther back than yesterday. lol.*

Hope this week has gone well for all of you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment