Friday, March 23, 2012

New Bloggy Stuff

Hello all! Hope this blog post finds you in good spirits. =)

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time to update the ol' bloggy-blog..but, a short & sweet update is as follows:
My little (big) man is going to be 3 in just a few short months! Can't believe it. He's so smart..knows almost all his colors, can count to 6, can recognize a few letters (and even draw a couple!) and can pick out the shape of a circle and draw it. He's talking up a storm and getting even more hilarious day by day.
My littler dude is now 6 months old. So crazy. Rolling is old news. He's now sitting up like a big dude, crawling all over the place, and just pulled himself up to stand today! He's such a little sweet heart and full of smiles and kisses.

Robert and I recently celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary. Things with us are going great..our only complaint is not seeing each other as much as we'd like because of his hectic work schedule.
My mom is moving here in a little over a week and we're all so excited!! It's going to be so nice to have her here because, well..I miss my mama! Not to mention, I'll have some help with the kids and some adult company during the times Robert is gone..and hubby and I might even be able to sneak in a date night every now and then.
I'm even thinking about going to work part time once she gets down here and settled in.
All good things.


Now, onto another update, and more of what this entry is about:
I've recently started getting back into church a lot and really trying to better my relationship with God. I met a really sweet girl here in our housing community who invited us to church, and things have just been going great since then. We've become really close friends, and after going to church a few times I've begun studying the Bible with her and a few other ladies from church.

It's funny bc I've called myself a Christian my whole life, and it's true, I have believed in God..but never once read the Bible. Sure, snip-its here and there, but until I started doing Bible studies I had never completed one entire book of the Bible..and now in doing so, I'm learning so much about things that I just never understood before. A lot of the questions and doubts have been cleared, just by reading the answers and His promise to us. I've also always thought that being a Christian just meant believing in God..but by reading the Bible I've realized that Jesus calls us to do/be so much more than that. Being a Christian is not only believing but following. So many scriptures have moved me and convicted me. I realize that a lot of the time I've molded God's word to fit my life rather than molding my life to fit God's word.
I've always thought I was a good person..but studying about sin has proven to me that I am truly not. Sure, I am outwardly good, but the sins of the heart are what makes us unclean and I have many. I'm struggling, and working on asking for forgiveness as well as forgiving myself..and changing as a person. I realize that I'm incredibly selfish..with my husband, with my kids, with my friends and family. I don't usually act on it..but sometimes I do. By ignoring or neglecting the kids needs for a few minutes while I cruise the internet or try to catch a few more minutes of sleep..by wishing that my brother stay here rather than move where ever a job might take him, because I want him here. I realize I'm arrogant..I *believe* I have been a good person. I believe I deserve certain things. Most of my humor is sarcastic, which isn't bad unless it's hurting someone..but often times it is directed at someone else's flaws. It's funny to laugh and carry on at someone who my friends and I deem "psycho" or "pathetic"..not out of the blue, by any means, but even if this person/people have done wrong to us or our friends and made our lives more difficult, does Jesus not say to turn the other cheek? Love your enemies? He says his biggest order in following him is to love one another..love each other as he has loved us. Now all these things are HARD to change..it's not going to happen overnight..and there will still be times when they come up. But I believe I need to try. Because basically, it's black and white. With God there is no gray area. Follow him..or don't. And I'm beginning to see and understand what following him really means..and it's scary, and overwhelming. But I believe that it has to be done. I'm finding that it's a huge challenge because I'm worried (sometimes to the point of tears) that the ppl I love (including my husband) may not like these changes. A lot of times when you don't give yourself to sinful behavior people think you're being uppity, judgmental, etc. It's not that..I'm going to love my friends, family & husband regardless, but will they love me? But Jesus says not to worry..for worry won't bring another day. I just have to live for Him each day & pray that instead of pushing others away, they choose to truly follow him too. I'm not saying I'm a super Christian as is..I've got a long way to go. This is the beginning of a long journey. Jesus says that if you are not hated by the world, you are not loved by God..bc ppl who are of the world are accepted by the world but ppl who are of Him are not. He also says to follow Him we must deny ourselves..to bear our cross daily..for he who wants to save his life will lose it, but he who is willing to lose his life will save it. Those things are inspiring me to truck on..I think I'll be the same Robin, just hopefully a new & improved version. That being said, I'm excited to share all I'm learning & feeling.

I've decided that I will share what I'm learning and feeling right here, in this blog. I do one Bible Study a week and I believe I'll add a weekly installment to this blog, discussing what the Bible study was about and what I took from it. I think it will help me to really be in touch with what I'm feeling, and hopefully, it will help others as well. I know many people don't want to hear about religion or God, and that's fine, but some do. And if you're one that does, stay tuned. =)

On an unrelated note, I also think I'll be adding a weekly installment of something I like to call "The X Files"..life through the eyes of my two-year-old. The things he does sometimes amaze me, and other times frustrate me, and more often than not crack me up. So, I thought it would be a fun little thing to share some of his quirky moments.

Well, there you have it..look forward to the first installments of The X Files and My Journey as a Disciple coming this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment