Friday, December 24, 2010

30 Days of Me-Day 25 *12-24-10*

First of all, Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with laughter, family, and friends.

Day 25: Your day, in great detail
Well, I had been putting off this post because I wanted to actually write about the day on the day, but I've come to terms with the fact that by the end of the day I'm just too tired to and too absent-minded to get on here and do it. lol. So, I'm going to write about a day in great detail, yesterday, to be exact.

I was awoke at 7 am to the phone ringing. It was someone from Robert's ship calling to check in. Yesterday was supposed to be a work day for him, but because he had duty today and would be there all day, they told him that he could take the day off. They call to basically make sure you're still alive and that they still have a small amount of control over your day.
He got up, but I stayed in bed until the baby woke up around 8. Actually, Robert came in and gave me some options: I could sleep in and then I'd have to take the baby to lunch with me while he moved boxes into storage, or I could get up while he moved stuff right then, and he'd be free to watch the baby while I went to lunch with a friend. I decided to get up then, because Xander's nap time would fall right around my lunch time and I'd rather him be at home so he could sleep.

Well, all that changed by 8:30 when someone from his ship called to tell him he had to come in. At 7, he was off for the day but by 8:30, they needed him. Of course we both accepted this graciously, with a few choice words and some eyerolls. He took a load over to the storage unit and headed in. (We're moving by the way..I probably should have said that earlier. I think I might have mentioned it before. He's deploying and I'm moving home to Ohio.)

At that point I decided to head to the mall to get a couple last minute gifts for Robert. I was going to wait and see if my friend wanted to go with me, but since I was now going to have the baby, I wanted to do it before lunch so we could come home for a nap right after. We went to the mall that we don't normally go to because it has a Fossil store and I wanted to get Robert's watch fixed for him. I also stopped by Barnes & Noble and got him one last book. **No worries, I am 100% certain he won't read this before tomorrow, if ever.** I got hit on at Barnes and Noble which was a story in itself.
      I'm walking up and down the aisles searching for this book. I look up and see this guy staring at me. He says "Sup?" and I laugh inside. I didn't know people still said "sup" in face-to-face conversation. Well, let me rephrase that. I didn't know people still said it as a pick-up line. I thought to myself "he's probably just being nice and he hasn't got the 'sup' memo yet.." and I walked on. Well, I was right the first time to assume he was trying to be suave, because the second time I passed him he said "You're sexy as hell, you know that?" Okay..panic mode. I don't know what to do when someone hits on me. It doesn't happen often. And the use of the word "sexy" always throws me off. I haven't been sexy a day in my life. Cute, sometimes..pretty at best. Sexy, no. I don't even know how to be. lol. Secondly, I'm always blown away by how up-front people are. Even in my young and single days, which were very few, I would have never had the confidence to just approach a stranger and say something like that. And last but not least, I was pushing a toddler in a stroller..I thought that always threw guys off (I would hope the wedding band would too, but there's no guaranteeing he saw that). So, I just walked away as fast as possible. I probably should have at least said "thank you". lol. I mean, he seemed like a nice guy..cute, well-groomed, not creepy. I guess he just thought his lines were better than they were and probably wasn't expecting a married woman that doesn't know how to respond to come-ons aside from running in the other direction. lol.

So anyway, I got what I needed at the mall and headed to meet my friend for lunch. We had a nice lunch and I conned Xander into eating some vegetables by dipping them in ketchup. lol.
I laid Xander down for a nap around 3 and Robert got home around 3:30. We just hung out, watched TV, browsed the interwebs. lol. He decided he wanted to go out that night, so I texted my brother and invited him and his girlfriend. They had plans so we got a hold of one of Robert's friends from the ship and we met him and his girlfriend at Buffalo Wild Wings. We waited a little bit to be seated and a good while to actually get our food, but we had a great time. They loved how silly Xander is. Robert's friend kept saying "Is he always like so cool like this?" He did do great. No real fussy spells and he actually ate. We also kept giving him lemons, which he loves, but we were all almost in tears laughing at all his sour faces.

I drove home because Robert had a couple drinks. (Before we went in he said "Do you want me to drink so you can drive?" lol! He's too much sometimes.) We were all exhausted when we got home. We put Xander to bed and then spent some QT together--snuggled up in the bed watching The Office, per usual--before falling asleep.

So there you have it, my day in great detail. It was a pretty good day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment