Wednesday, September 8, 2010

30 Days of Me-Day 12 *9-8-10*

Day 12: Whatever tickles your fancy

What shall I discuss today? Well, the main thing on my mind right now is the pain I'm feeling in my ear. I got my left cartilage pierced about 3 days ago and it's still hurting pretty badly. Right now it's throbbing but I just cleaned it, so I figure I irritated it. I had this same piercing when I was younger--about 12. I don't recall it being so painful but, hey, that was 10 years ago. At the same time, I got it pierced with a gun at Claire's or something of  the sort..this time it was with a real piercing needle at a tattoo shop and I'm pretty sure it's a lot bigger gauge. Let's hope it's feeling better by the time I'm one week out.
This makes the 3rd thing I have pierced  (if you count each regular ear hole as one piercing). I didn't really think I would ever get this again, but the place was having a $10 piercing sale and I was going with a friend to get her nose done--I guess I just couldn't resist. I thought about getting an industrial but quickly changed my mind when I envisioned Xander grabbing a hold of the bar and yanking like it's his job. Maybe I'll get the second hole and make it an industrial later on. Robert went on and on about how much he loves it, so, that's cute. lol. I'm pretty sure it will be my last piercing but I can't make any guarantees. That's the same thing I said about my first tattoo as well...
Which leads me to an entirely different subject. I've got two tattoos. One I love..the other, not so much. I love what my second one is (a yellow ribbon and the scripture Hebrews 11:1) but I'm not happy with the work. It's not exactly what I had in mind--it's much bigger and set up differently--and the art work is just poor. The words are already starting to run together and I've only had it for a few months, the ribbon is lighter in some spots than others and has a black mark on the bottom where (I guess) the black ink wasn't completely washed off the needle. On top of that, it has a lot to do with my husband (hence the yellow ribbon) and the feelings/commitment I have toward him and the faith I have in God, our relationship, and the promise that he'll always come home safe to me...BUT, my husband hates it. For the same reasons that I do. And, that just breaks my heart. So, what to do? It's permanent..there's no turning back now. It bothers me because some days I love it. I love it for what it stands for and I like the idea of it..I just don't like it.
I wish I could just go back in time and say "No, I think I'll just wait to get it." when the artist told me he'd have to make some changes on my original idea. But, I can't. So, now what? I've thought about removal..but the creams don't work--no way, no how. And the laser removal is very  costly, sometimes dangerous, and never guaranteed. So, I'm thinking my real options are: live with it or cover it up. There is one more tattoo I want for sure and that is the birth flowers of my kids. I thought I'd get it on my right foot, but maybe I will just get it to cover this one. I  don't even know if that will work..but I could always ask. My only problems there are: I have to wait until I have at least one more kid for the tattoo to be big enough to cover this one AND what if I have more than one more kid..I don't want a whole arm piece or anything.
Ugh! It's so stressful..Idk what to do so I've been thinking on it and it seems like every other night I'm lying in bed going over my options. It's honestly not that bad of a tattoo--it's just not what I wanted and I'm disappointed with the way it turned out. So, now I just have to decide what I want to do about that, if anything.
This turned out a lot longer than I planned on it being..it happens, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment