Thursday, September 16, 2010

30 Days of Me-Day 14 *9-16-10*

Wow, I've been a bad blogger lately. Shame on me. I don't know how, but one day I just completely forgot about this challenge. I'm just a little over a week shy of a month and I'm only on day 14 of the challenge. I need to really get back into it. So, here goes:

Day 14: A non-fictional book
I'm not sure if this can be considered non-fiction, but it's semi-non-fiction, as it's based on real events.
The Devil in the White City by Eric Lawson is a book based on the events of serial murders that took place during and around the time of the World Fair in Chicago in 1893. It starts off a bit slow, but it becomes a fast-paced page turner. It details the life of the serial killer and his killings, while also peering into the man who was the brains behind the World Fair and the goings on therein. Of course, certain parts of it are fabricated but the events, people, killings, etc. are all real.

No comments:

Post a Comment