Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Days of Me-Day 8 *9-2-10*

Day 8: A photo that makes you angry/sad

Well, this won't be a photo from my own personal collection.

This photo not only makes me sad but it infuriates me. These are protesters/members of the Westboro Baptist Church. My first issue with  this photo is  that it gives Christianity a bad name. Christianity is about living as Jesus lived--it's about loving and not hating. God doesn't hate anyone. Secondly, it makes me sad and angry that these are children holding these signs. Children are supposed to be innocent. These kids shouldn't even have to address  these issues, much less be spokespeople for them. Why would you teach your children to hate a group of people just because they're different? Ignorance breeds ignorance, I suppose. The message this picture sends is NOT okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment