Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello Blog World!

I've toyed with the idea of starting my own blog for quite some time now. I'm a writer--that is, I love to write. I'm not lucky enough to have it as a profession or anything. I always day dreamed about being able to get paid just for writing about my life, but, I know those cases are rare. Regardless, I often thought it would be nice to just have a place to get my thoughts out--a journal of sorts.

I put the idea on the back burner many times because I wasn't sure how to set up a blog (it turned out to be much easier than expected) and I didn't really think that many people would be interested in reading about my daily life anyway. Well, not too long ago I received a facebook message from a friend, telling me she thought I should start a blog because she loves hearing about what we're going through and she thinks I've got a way with words. It really meant a lot to me because I knew then that if I did start a blog, I'd have at least one person other than myself who'd be interested in reading it.

So, here I am. I'm taking the first step on my blogging journey. My life isn't unique, but it's extraordinary to me. I'm just a young mother, who is married to a sailor and doing my best to juggle school, a toddler, and the military lifestyle. My life is a mix of dirty diapers, happy milestones, duty days & deployments, leaning on the shoulders of military gals while missing my old friends from home, 9 hour trips a few times a year to see family, papers & presentations, delving into a money-making project here and there, and the never-ending search for my purpose. If you're interested in any of that, read on. If not, read on anyway..I just might surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment